Most people assume that to be a blogger or vlogger you need to spend £3,000 on equipment but you actually don't when I first started my YouTube in 2011, I literally didn't even know about ring lights or even invested in a camera at all. I would use a pile of books to stabilize my IPAD then literally record my videos whilst using daylight lightning and for a few years guys, it actually worked. At the time I was only 18 years old not working many hours to be able to afford a professional kit, so trust me I just improvised, and that's pretty much what I would advise on anyone starting don't be so rushed to buy equipment for loads of money because being a blogger/vlogger is literally a journey, when you start off of course you want to make sure that whichever camera u are using is clear, the lighting is good: so people can be able to see what you are doing-especially if you going to be filming makeup/beauty tutorials or even vlogs. So don't worry about growing your equipment or buying everything in one go, buy everything bit by bit or save enough to buy it altogether if that's the choice you end up going for. Being a blogger/vlogger can be an expensive hobby but if you invest bit by bit it works out great for your pocket.
Now I want to share with you my equipment and I have been using all these items for a few years now and its been working great for me;
1. Firstly you will need to purchase a camera with a good lens; I am currently using; Canon Power shot SX430 20MP 45x Zoom Bridge Camera - Black
Costs: £179.99 from Argos
Details of the Camera :
- 20 megapixels.
- Image stabilization.
- CCD sensor.
- Sensor size 6.17 x 4.55mm.
- Red-eye reduction.
- Automatic face detection.
- Shutter speed of 1/4000 to 15 sec.
- Scene intelligent auto, portrait, close-up, program.
- 3in the screen with LCD technology with live view.
- Resolution 230000 dots.
- Auto, preset, custom.
- Built-in flash.
- Evaluative, center-weighted.
- ISO range from 100 to 1600.
- Autofocus with 9 focus points in the viewfinder.
- Wi-Fi & NFC.
- USB port.
- Records in PAL format.
- Records in NTSC format.
- PictBridge is compatible.
- Maximum size H5152 x W3864 pixels.
- JPEG image.
- Records at 720p with sound.
- Macro information.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Removable battery.
- Batteries required: 1 x rechargeable (included) .
- Lens type: wide-angle zoom.
- 5.62 focal length multiplier.
- Lens focal length of 4 - 193mm.
- Minimum aperture: 22.
- Maximum aperture: 3.5.
- SD, SDHC, SDXC, (not included).
2. Lighting: [Ring light]
Neewer 14-inch Fluorescent Ring Light Lighting Kit
3. Laptop to Edit your videos
Costs: £199.00 - 379.99
I currently am using: The Lenovo Idea pad 330, I edit my videos on HITFILM EXPRESS.
This what I use everyone's budget is different but I would say these are three essential items you will need to start your blogging career everything else will follow as you become more exposed and as your content grows.
I hope you find this helpful, please make sure to let me know how you find it, if you need more suggestions to hesitate to ask, remember to have fun with it.
Post a Comment